Thinking about a church wedding or marriage blessing? Marrying in church is personal, meaningful, spiritual and beautiful, just as you want it to be.
Why marry in church?
A church is so much more than simply a venue for your wedding. Unique and special things become part of your marriage, on the day itself and beyond:-
- A church wedding will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. The ceremony includes God and looks to him for help and guidance. God’s blessing is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- The Vicar has a very particular role to play in your wedding. They can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be made personal, memorable, meaningful and beautiful.
- Church buildings offer outstanding beauty and centuries of history. Imagine all the couples who have married in our church, some of whom may well be your family. You can feel you’re becoming part of history itself, the bigger plan, by marrying in the same place as your relatives. We know these sorts of connections can make your day even more special.
- You can be involved in making choices about your ceremony.
- And after your wedding, you’ll realise that a church is more than simply a wedding venue. We’ll always be here for you.
Getting Married at St. Margaret’s
Every year, couples choose to get married in our beautiful church. Before God and their friends and families, they make their vows as part of a church service they’ll remember for the rest of their lives.
For more information about church weddings and help planning your wedding visit the Your Church Wedding website.